Monday, March 21, 2011

First stop...Johannesburg

OK. Let's start.

First stop Johannesburg. Actually it was bangkok, but i was only in the airport for few hours, so no count as first stop.. Via couch surfing, I manage to find a host.  Though is pretty risky as you never met your host before, only communication through mails,  but it was great to have a local friendly host to introduce you to the local lifestyle,stay in his house free, bring you to places free etc. So it really save cost.

My host pick me up at the airport early in the morning. It was fairly easy as he was holding a sign with my name on it. And after that we went back to his apartment. It was really nice place. Beautiful. From the balcony, you can view golf course and park.

There are parrots, other colorful birds flying about. Yup, those are free wild african birds
 




It was still early in the morning and raining a little  So I rested for awhile. Afternoon went to an african restaurant, had my face painted african style.

For food, I ordered the oxtail stew. Tasted like te-ka-co (pig's leg).




After that, head to lion's safari park and saw those african animals. It  was those type of zoo where you are in your vehicle like a cage moving into the animal territory. Ya you are not allowed to leave your vehicle, well unless you want to be the lion's asian cuisine.
The animals here are whole lot healthier and bigger and active as compare to those in KL zoo, Melaka zoo skinny and malnutrish. And yes, the lions here are huge, maybe even bigger than my Myvi
\

No comments:

Post a Comment